Translate

Friday, July 03, 2009

Packing

So I have a long weekend and started packing yesterday. The boxes arrived on Wednesday and already I can see I will need quite a few more. We have pretty much finished the living and dining rooms and the kitchen. I just started in my bedroom packing fabric and yarn, but just ran out of steam. It seems like we pack and pack and pack some more, and not make any progress!
I'm using my wheely cart to load up and take downstairs. In our building, anything you put down by the elevator disappears in minutes! The other day I took down a big bag of paperbacks. Today I took down fabric, clothes, shoes, books, dried stuff.. and I bet it's gone already.


This morning I also washed every curtain and drapery in the house and took down the hardware. I don't know if I can use it all in my new place, but it's possible I can use some of it.





I am tired. I have 2 more days to pack before I start my final week at work. I have lots of last minute tasks to do there, such as file my claim for retirement! I have the paperwork done, just have to turn it in. I need to pack up my personal belongings and ship it home, shred shred and more shredding, and throw out extraneous files and instructions. I also want to clear up any cases I have left so I don't leave any behind for someone else to deal with.



So I will play around here for a little while, then off to bed early to get ready for another fun-filled day tomorrow!

No comments: