Translate

Friday, July 10, 2009

It's finally come to pass

work, that is. I'm done! Today was an amazing day, rushing around, cleaning up my files, putting the final touches on my desk before I walk out for the last time. Regrets? none. Sadness? never. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing all day. Kinda giddy in fact.

My co-workers planned a luncheon party at the 2 Rivers Restaurant on Murray St. Very nice, great appetizers and food. I thought I was going to explode! I can't say enough about all my good "work" friends - they are like family.

I continued my day with a cup of iced coffee and sat in City Hall Park for awhile until it was time to meet a friend at 3:30. I haven't been to Times Square in ages, and it was nuts. No wonder I rarely go there anymore. We spent some time catching up on news, then I walked down to meet another friend at Rudy's on 44th and 9th. A classic dive bar. Had a few beers, then finally headed home.

I had to make a reservation to rent a car for a month because the internet is going down tomorrow morning for about a week, so you won't see me around until it's back up. I'll Tweet and update Facebook from my phone until then.

Tomorrow will be spent finishing up packing. The movers will be here first thing Monday morning. I am exhausted right now. I need a good night's rest to get ready for the weekend.

I'll be back sometime next week. Thanks to all my friends and co-workers for their good wishes. They are treasured.

No comments: