Translate

Monday, August 02, 2010

The Broome County Fair, Whitney Point NY

Well, I think I am finally recovered from the week-long Broome County Fair.  It was exhausting, yet exhilarating.  I have never done more than a 1-day show in the past, and I thought I would die once at a show that went until 8pm.   Well this one was from 10 am through 10 pm, so I prepared myself mentally as best I could, and it's wasn't as bad as I thought.  In fact, the days went by and when the week was over, I wondered where the time went. 

The fair started on July 27 at 5 pm, so we had all day to get set up.  I arrived about 10 am to drop off the first carload, went home, showered, packed more stuff and returned around 3pm to finish my set-up.  I didn't get my new banner until Tuesday, but I had it for the rest of the week.  I am so proud of the work my daughter Nina did designing my banner! 







The show ran for 12 hours every day and ended Sunday around 8pm.  During the weekdays, it was slow in the afternoons, but picked up during the dinner hour and througout the evenings.  I was lucky to meet some terrific vendors which made the time pass pleasantly.   In addition, I made significant inroads locally, educating the general public about the benefits of soy candles.  

My good friends!
Night-time set-up

After 6 long grueling days, it was finally time to pack up and say goodbye to all my new friends.  I don't know where the time went, because the week was over in a flash.  When I told customers I was new to the area, I received many leads for area shows and am planning to finally buy a show tent with walls so I can vend at many upcoming shows in the area.  I plan to return to the Broome County Fair next year and hope to see many of you there.  I also got a ton of names for my fledgling newsletter through the raffle and sign-up sheet.  

All packed and ready to go home

I can't believe I got it all in the car in 1 trip!

I ended the fair with some deep fried pickles and Oreos.  Yum! 

sickeningly good

See you at the next show!

No comments: