Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thoughts on MJ

I was at home on Thursday June 25 when I was online and starting reading that Michael Jackson was rushed to the hospital in cardiac arrest. I knew then that he wouldn't make it. It was shocking, but not unexpected. I had read he was in poor health, but what was surprising is the aspect of drugs. It's always drugs, isn't it? Even when the celebrity has not been known to be a drug user, which I thought Michael was not. My mistaken impression was that he was into healthy living. Who knew? I didn't. But it is disappointing that drugs are usually at the forefront of a celebrity death it seems.

When will people start intervening? When will the payoff take a back burner and a person's health take precedence? Why don't friends and family take action? Does money really buy everything these days?

I make no judgements on his life. He was a great entertainer and will always be remembered for that. I believe he was not a pedophile, but only God and he knows for sure. I do believe he was a child who never grew up, who never had a childhood, and lived as an innocent child even as a man. Even with all the legal safeguards in place for child celebrities, I believe that childhood is robbed. He never had a chance to be a child, a teenager, and grow normally into an adult. He was used and manipulated his entire life. If blame is to be placed, I place it at the feet of his family, most especially his parents who lost control of his celebrity status and failed to intervene.

His was a sad life, but he gave it all to us. I hope he finds peace now.

No comments: