Translate

Monday, May 26, 2008




I have been off work since last Wednesday, and this long weekend just flew by so fast. The weather has been gorgeous, and luckily I got out and about yesterday with my daughter, who has her own apt just 2 blocks away. We took the bus up to Ft Tryon Park in upper Manhattan where the Cloisters is located. The park is just lovely, especially this time of the year. The flowers and gardens were absolutely gorgeous, and made me realize how much I miss the country. There were a lot of people out and about, but not so crowded as Central Park. Fortunately, a lot of people think the upper reaches of Manhattan is a no-man's land, which is fine with us. We don't want everyone discovering how beautiful it is up here. We walked around, took some pictures, then walked down a few blocks and had lunch on the back patio of Bleu Evolution, a cozy little restaurant in Inwood. We had a few glasses of wine, chatted it up, then decided to walk home instead of taking the bus. So, we ended up walking from 191st St to 160th on Broadway and had an absolutely fantastic time.



So the rest of the weekend, I've been making candles like crazy every day. I'm filling some large orders, plus trying to make inventory for next Sunday. I vend at the Brooklyn Flea about twice a month, and I don't have a lot to sell right now. I sell with a group of people who live in the NYC area and who also sell on http://www.etsy.com/



I recently tweaked my website also this weekend, trying to make it more inviting. I tell ya, this business is starting to take over my life, which is good! So much so, I'm considering retiring from my day job next year.
This weekend made me realize more than ever, I need to put down my work and get out and enjoy living in the city.

No comments: