Translate

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Eclipse Port Clinton OH April 8 2024

I've been lucky to be in solar eclipse Path Of Totality twice in my lifetime. We were in the Path of Totality for the August 21 2017 eclipse near Yellowstone, and decided we just HAD to stay! And we stayed all summer til we traveled to TX for the winter.



so when I learned that my hometown, Port Clinton OH would be in the Path on April 8, 2024, I was determined to be there. 

The eclipse in Ohio was spectacularly different and totally unexpected. The skies were clear, the sun was shining, and the total eclipse looked like a circle of crystals in the sky with diamonds, sorry, no Lucy. In 2017, although a sunny day, the eclipse was blurred by the smoke from the forest fires in the area.  

I rented a condo on the shores of Lake Erie and we had a lake view, with access to the private grounds and beach to avoid crowds and enjoy the eclipse. 



We packed food, drinks, jackets, and chairs and moved on down to the water's edge. There were only about a dozen folks, mostly renters, as the summer residents had not yet arrived. Arthur brought along eclipse music.  

                                                                                                             



Well, this eclipse was very different, as I suppose all eclipses are unique. None of my pictures captured the glow of the diamond ring. I was to busy admiring the spectacle to take pictures. 





Let me leave you with this.... View from the other side...





No comments: