Translate

Monday, October 04, 2010

Color matching success

I've been quite the busy candle maker lately. I swore I would never do teal/turquoise/aqua ever again, but I'm not one to give up, ever. After many stops and starts, I finally got it right. The problem was trying to keep the brightness.  I sent off the color samples to my customer last week and feel so incredibly proud.  Color matching is an art, for  sure.


The Pink wasn't a problem, but as you can see, the blue isn't even close to a match.


And this was a perfect match, no problem


But here's the order - violet and pink.


As you can tell, I take color matching very seriously.   It's often and long and labor intensive process, but my customers deserve the best.

2 comments:

Nuala said...

WOW amazing work! Good for you for taking on something so challenging.

SierraSnowSoaps said...

Awww, wedding favors or table toppers? It is hard to match color, in soap the ph changes because of the caustic soda and boy, you can see blue turn to purple right before your eyes.
You did a wonderful job!
Michelle in NV